Saturday, November 27, 2010

There is a God!

While enjoying a pleasant few days in Charleston, SC, we were headed to our restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner. Now, if you know Charleston, you know it is a very quaint city, more like a small village. While driving down a street rather slowly, I was taking in all the sights I could, while at the same time, trying to keep my eye on the road. I was on a narrow 2 way street, crawling along now, when I noticed a police car on my right facing the wrong way ... wrong ... way ... SHIT! The 2-way street became a 1-way at the last corner, and now I’m going the wrong way! I’m due for a ticket, ... the hell I am. Okay, Jim, stay calm, you can do this. I approach the end of the block as I look in my rear-view mirror in time to see the roof rack lights start flashing blue and the driver’s partner, who was on the sidewalk, now coming to life, hieing her fat ass to the car door. I round the corner, speeding now, down the block and pull over in front of the parked cars, waiting for the Cavalry to arrive. Nothing. Okay, next corner, another right , parking garage, first spot open, BINGO! I WIN!!! Shucks, I was looking forward to the chase ... not.


Yes, Virginia, there is ...

No comments:

Post a Comment